What we collect – website
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you make a booking for a treatment we will collect basic info such as name, telephone number, email and on some instances further information for the selected treatment so that we can confirm your booking.
- When you complete an enquiry form, we will collect basic info so that we can respond to your enquiry.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact us, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to create a personalised treatment or gift card for your friend), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
What we collect – in store
- The first time you visit us we will ask you to complete a registration form which will take basic details about you such as name, telephone, email, date of birth.
- Details of the treatment being had will be collected as well as any personal information required to ensure you are fit for the treatment selected.
- From time to time we will ask to take a photo of the service and/or treatment you have received. Usually a before and after. Such photos will be used across social media and our website for promotional purposes.
Information we collect about you
Information we receive from other sources.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, marketing agencies and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users.
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- Hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- Information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- Information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
What we do with your information
- The information provided is used to reply to your enquiry made through the website.
- The information provided is used to make bookings for a service/treatment.
- The information may be transferred to our salon software to make your booking.
- The information may be used from time to time to keep you up to date with upcoming events, new ideas, tips, advice and any offers.
- The information is used by our insurance company and held on file by them for 7 years. The information is kept securely by us for a total period of 6 months after your last visit.
Social Media platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol. It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own volition with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested to do so.
Our website uses Google Analytics, Cookies and similar tools to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and do not share with anyone apart from our digital marketing agencies that manages all our marketing efforts.
Sharing of information
We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that you provide when making an enquiry through the website using the enquiry form.
How we store your personal data
All information provided through the website for a bookings is stored within our server which is operated by a third party that is GDPR compliant. Submission of enquiry forms are received by email and stored on a secure PC accessed only by the Directors of the business. Any information at a store is stored securely onsite.
Links to other websites
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent);
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Better Brows Ltd.
7-8 Ritz Parade,
Western Ave Hanger Lane,
London – W5 3RA